VENICE PRIVATE ISLAND - ISOLA DI SANTA CRISTINA
Isola di Santa Cristina
7 Nights -
Add to Wish List
‘... arguably the most exclusive place to stay near Venice.’
An exquisite luxury private island retreat - exclusive, serene and surrounded by water yet only 30 minutes from the romance of Venice.
Escape… to your very own private island to relax and forget time. Islands are as plentiful as fish in the sea, but on Santa Cristina you have a rare opportunity to encounter an extinct species - she lives, she breathes and is always companionable and will move you in ways you never thought possible.
Imagine… relaxing to the sound of the waves, observing the freedom of the birds that fly high, and chasing the scent of the silently growing, well-tended vineyard that passes you by. Imagine waking up on your very own island, breathing in the fresh air and tiptoeing silently through the morning dew…
For some a good book will do, for others yoga or meditation sets the mood. Imagine days by the pool, nights of laughter, with not a stranger in sight. With no other guest on the island - not a single soul as far as the eye can see - there’s nothing to disturb your path to inner peace. All you have to do is bring family and friends.
Unseen, unheard, undisturbed… this ‘not so remote with a boat’ island is only as distant as you want it to be. Hidden away in the Venetian Lagoon between the city of Venice and the Adriatic Sea, its sleek skippered boat is at your disposal to whisk you away to the glories of Venice, or carry you with ease to wherever you please.
The large and historic Italian villa, recently renovated to achieve a refined and luxurious simplicity, is set within gardens and grounds beautifully established over centuries.
A world away from everyday life, a place where peacocks wander the lawn and pheasants roam the apricot orchard and organic vineyard, this island retreat offers nature, tranquility and privacy to relax and revitalise mind, body and soul.
While Venice and the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello are but a short boat ride away, it’s tempting to stay amidst the beauty and peace to bask in the sunshine and unwind by the pool.
A sophisticated sanctuary for up to 16 guests, the air-conditioned blush pink villa is connected to the outside world by Wi-Fi, should you wish to keep in touch, while its impressive accommodation is stylishly designed and elegantly appointed to make you feel right at home.
One enters the villa via a spacious furnished terrace, which has a large open fireplace and is ideal for entertaining on balmy summer nights, into a gorgeous light-filled sitting room with access to an art-deco style library.
The original Venetian kitchen is fully equipped with state-of-the-art appliances and lies just opposite the grand dining hall seating 16 guests.
There are 9 tasteful bedrooms, each with en suite bathroom - 2 masters, 5 doubles and 2 singles - and, crowning this truly one-of-a-kind property, a spectacular traditional ‘altana’ rooftop terrace offering a sublime and unforgettable panorama of the surrounding Venetian Lagoon.
Local places of interest easily reachable by the island’s boat include -
• The world-famous glass-blowing island of Murano, the dainty rainbow-coloured and lace-making island of Burano, and the peaceful island of Torcello - home to the 7th century Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta and its stunning Byzantine mosaics
• The sandy beaches of the Lido
• The island of San Lazzaro Degli Armeni, site of the Armenian Catholic Monastery of San Lazzaro and one-time home of English romantic poet and literary figure Lord Byron
• Lazzaretto Nuovo - the ancient quarantine island of the Venetian Republic
• A range of well-regarded restaurants serving Venetian cuisine in magical island surroundings, including ‘Venissa’ on Mazzorbo, ‘Da Romano’ and ‘Al Gatto Nero’ on Burano, ‘Busa alla Torre’ on Murano and ‘Locanda Cipriani’ on Torcello
• And without doubt the most famous destination of them all - Venice
Isola di Santa Cristina