Cleaned and disinfected
- occupants 4
2 Double beds
- 2 Bedrooms 2
1 Bathroom with bathtub
1 Bathroom with shower
- 90 m² 90 m²
- Wi-Fi Wi-Fi
Availability and prices
A classic Venetian apartment in a Grand Canal palazzo, offering oodles of old-school charm and magnificent Grand Canal views.
Situated within the impressive Palazzo Querini in Cannaregio at the point where the Grand Canal meets the Cannaregio Canal, this handsome old-world haven of comfortable palazzo living sits on the 2nd floor reached by stairs from the palace’s monumental androne (hall).
Sleeping 4 guests in vintage opulence harking back to a bygone era when colourful decoration and ornamentation were taken to the max, apartment Ca’ Degli Specchi (House of Mirrors) offers 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms along with Wi-Fi, air-conditioning and lots of space in which to relax.
Peacefully tucked away landside yet directly on the Canale Grande and sharing this stretch of the water with Palazzo Vendramin Calergi (final home of composer Richard Wagner and now the Casino of Venice), Palazzo Querini boasts its own private water entrance for convenient arrivals and departures by glamorous water taxi.
Close to Venice’s Santa Lucia Station and the ancient Jewish Ghetto where towering buildings, a rich history and tradition go hand-in-hand, Ca’ Degli Specchi’s charming and characterful accommodation comprises:
• A formal entrance hallway hinting at the decor that lies within
• Pink and green is the theme in the bright and airy sitting/dining room home to salmon-pink terrazzo flooring, a pair plump sofas in ivory, a glass-topped dining table seating 6, plus a host of period paintings and furnishings lit by a sparkling Murano glass chandelier, plus 3 French windows opening onto south-facing balconies overlooking the glittering waters of the Grand Canal and enjoying an endlessly-fascinating and ever-changing vista extending from Ferrovia, the Scalzi and the Church of San Geremia to the right, across to the Fondaco Dei Turchi (Venice’s Natural History Museum) and the route to the Rialto to the left.
• A simple, functional yet fully-equipped kitchen (as was traditionally the norm in Venetian apartments of this standing).
To one side of the sitting room:
• A gorgeous, pretty-in-pink and very spacious master bedroom/suite, bathed in natural light courtesy of its 2 windows on the Grand Canal and furnished with a double bed, a rose-pink chaise longue, mirrored-fronted wardrobes plus a plethora of period pieces including Art Deco bedside lighting.
To the opposite side of the sitting room:
• An exquisite 2nd bedroom encased in pink Marmorino and teal-blue upholstery and showcasing dainty antique furniture, a double bed upon pink terrazzo flooring, mirror-fronted wardrobes, a wonderfully decorative floor-to-ceiling period wall mirror embellished with flowers and scrolls, plus a splendid balcony on the Grand Canal enjoying breathtaking views matching those from the sitting room to its side.
And completing the apartment, 2 separate bathrooms (plus a little room with washing machine in between):
• Fancy taking a soothing bath? Then prepare to be astonished… (!)
…. by this whimsical bathroom designed with unfettered imagination and furnished with a marble-topped vanity unit, period fittings and a bathtub enrobed in fabulous mosaic tiling with walls depicting the Venetian Lagoon-scape on a sunny summer’s day complete with a flying mallard, puffy clouds and bulrushes sprouting from the bidet!
• While Ca’ Degli Specchi’s 2nd bathroom has a marble-topped vanity unit, shower and walls of mosaic tiling depicting lush tropical foliage complete with perching parrots!
Are you part of a larger group who’d like to stay close together but in separate apartments? We offer another Grand Canal apartment within the palazzetto just next door: La Loggia Grand Canal
Not your everyday, run-of-the-mill holiday apartment but a Grand Canal ‘Grande Dame’ oozing personality and prestige.
Within walking distance of Santa Lucia Railway Station (Ferrovia) and Piazzale Roma if travelling light, and close to 2 vaporetto (water bus) stops – San Marcuola for hassle-free travel about town and Guglie on the Cannaregio Canal for travel to the beaches of the Lido, visits to the glass-blowing island of Murano and connections at Fondamente Novo for travel to the rainbow-coloured island of Burano and the ancient island of Torcello.
An easy stroll to the historic Jewish Ghetto (the oldest in the world) and to the Jewish Museum of Venice, to the bustling shops and food stalls along Rio Terà San Leonardo, the fish stall near the Guglie Bridge and the fresco-ceilinged Despar supermarket within the old Teatro Italia (visually remarkable both inside and out).
Also close to the well-regarded restaurant, La Colombina (near the Despar supermarket) and within easy reach of the popular Dalla Marisa and Trattoria Pontini on the Cannaregio Canal, and the Fondamenta Dei Ormesini and Fondamenta Misericordia waterfronts (reached via the Rio Terà Farsetti) for a great selection of laid-back local bars, cafes and restaurants including Sullaluna bookshop and bistrot, Al Timon, Dodo Caffè, Birreria Zanon, Da Rioba, Paradiso Perduto, Vino Vero and Torrefazione Cannaregio coffee shop… to name just a few!
2 Double beds
1 Bathroom with bathtub
1 Bathroom with shower
Distribution of bedrooms
Bedroom 1 1 Double bed
Bedroom 2 1 Double bed
Mandatory or included services
Air conditioning: Included
Bed linen: Included
Check in : Included
Check out: Included
Disinfection We've taken additional cleaning measures to ensure your safety during your stay with us, implementing additional cleaning and disinfection protocols in accordance with official recommendations. + INFO
Final Cleaning: €150.00 /booking
Internet Access: Included
Parking Reservation, price on request: €0.00 /booking
Private Tours, price on request: €0.00 /booking
Taxi Service, price on request: €0.00 /booking
Welcome Box and Shopping at Home, price on request: €0.00 /booking
Wine Tasting in an Exclusive Location, price on request: €0.00 /booking
Check-in schedule/Check-out schedule
Check-in schedule from 15:00 to 20:00 every day
Security Deposit (refundable)
Amount: €600.00 /booking Payment method: credit card To be paid on site.
- No smoking
Add dates to see cancellation policy
In case of cancellation the following charges will apply:
From the booking date until 22 days before check-in 0% of the total rent
From 21 days before check-in until 15 days before check-in 0% of the total rent
From 14 days before check-in until 8 days before check-in 0% of the total rent
From 7 days before, until the check-in 100% of the total rent
No-show 100% of the total rent
- Check-in schedule: from 15:00 to 20:00 every day
- Check-out schedule: 11:00
- Tourist tax not included.
- VAT included in the accommodation price
Map and distances
Overlooking the 'Rio de San Barnaba' Canal and just off Campo San Barnaba (where fruit and vegetables are sold from one of the most-photographed boats in Venice and Katharine Hepburn 'made a splash' in David Lean's classic 1950's film 'Summertime') - a splendid terrace apartment, offering a highly...
Pristine designer pad, newly available and part of the much-heralded and eagerly anticipated renovation of an ancient canalside building, the Domus Soccorso. Right next door to the 17th Century Baroque Palazzo Zenobio and close to the ever-popular Campo Santa Margherita and the Scuola Grande Dei Carmini in...
NEWLY RENOVATED! A perennial VOV favourite that just gets better with age! Matured like a fine wine to be sipped and savoured by its guests and ravishingly renovated in late 2019 to maintain (and exceed!) the high standards expected during your stay, the charming Ca’ Belle Arti sits on the 1st...
A Masterful Transformation from Modest to Marvelous! On strolling through Venice have you ever wondered what secret gardens lie beyond those tall palazzo walls where trees and shrubs peek tantalisingly over the ancient terracotta brickwork…? Well, now you can find out! On the first floor to...